Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dreamer, seeker at the time of Friendster

Every year we turn a year older. It is inevitable. However, to look back at our younger days is quite refreshing. This brings the feelings of happiness and restlessness. I personally feel happy because there are aspects in my life I can say I am changing for the better. But restlessness immediately interferes because I feel stagnant in some areas which I really need to grow. Nevertheless, looking back, in totality, amuses me. It creates a smile on my face and laughter in my mind.


I am still caught off guard by my self-description on my Friendster account and I wrote this during the social networking’s peak of popularity. And I re-posted and affixed a title "What I become now" this on multiply account (social networking site that is now inactive). As I reread how I described myself then, it transports me to that exact time I wrote it. The emotions are coming back. Admittedly, all I have written is still me now.

What I become now...   Sep 21, '09 2:27 PM

(This is my updated Friendster self-description and i was surprised with this. It's a revelation)

I am my dreams and ambitions in life. I am the love of my friends, family and God.

I’m not good in words but I’m good in numbers.

To be morally right is my constant battle. When temptation comes specially if it's about my heart and love, it's difficult for me to survive. I deviate from the right track. However,  I still manage to return to it, when all things are clear to me and I resolve these issues by prayers and more prayers, nothing else.

I’m willing to submit myself to voluntary servitude to love but I’m always saved from it. Lately, I realized that when the right love will come i won’t suffer and God always reminds me that. Love is simple and never complicated. But its presence makes everything else very profound. It doesn't need to be discussed. It has its own voice and speaks for itself.

To do what is right and avoid what is evil is the basic reminder of God.  I just hope I’m faithful enough to heed His reminder.

I have never entered romantic relationships. I’m single but will never be alone. You may see me to walk on my own but I walk with faith that God is by my side. If my vocation in life is single blessedness then i will embrace it with no doubts and hesitations.

Self-Discovery is an endless process. What the future holds, nobody knows. The person i am now might be different tomorrow. But one thing I will strive to be permanent and that is I will love, serve, put HIM in the center of my LIFE. By doing all these, everything will fall into their proper places. I will not worry anymore.

MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO BE WITH GOD IN HEAVEN.


4 comments:

  1. Nice post, Lee... I'm sure our self description evolves over time, and I'm more than sure that it can only get better (and better) every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the goal joyce! I feel so surreal to know that someone is reading and generously left a comment on my site. Thank's Joyce!

      Delete
  2. Nice One Lee! Can We Post Article?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Jessie! Sent it to my email and I will post and indicate you and anyone for your corresponding article. You can also make your own blogsite if you like,

    ReplyDelete