Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Carte Blanche 2013: Complete Discretion to Party with a Cause

It was colorful. It was festive. It was carnival.



That was how I was welcomed when I and my friends set foot on the Crocodile Park Grounds last November 16, 2013 for the Carte Blanche 2013 the 1st ever 3D electric music carnival in the Southern Philippines. According to the organizers Manic Nightnings Productions and Party Animal Events Productions, 10,032 party ravers enjoyed the drinks, food and most especially electronic dance, electohouse, house, trance music and the like.


Every raver enjoyed what was offered by the event. You'd never be starved because there were many food booths selling different dishes. One booth offered a LECHON BUWAYA which was added attraction to the event. There were also hotdogs, rice toppings, BBQs, fish and squid balls, and more pinoy/davaoeƱos favorite street food.

Wet and Wild. 10,033 party ravers went hardcore as the enjoyed every beat of music.

It was not only the sense of taste was satisfied. I was in awe of the outfits/costumes of the ravers. There were giant clowns, drag queens, mardi-gras like dancers, fire dancers and colorful lights and designs. And because the event was in 3D, I tried wearing the glasses and enjoyed the screens.


For a lover of house music, this event melt my heart for the eargasmic experience. I was in total euphoria. It brought out the party animal inside of me and made me roar. Every track played during the event was savored by my ears which made me dance and jump to the beat.

Though gates were started to open around 3:00 pm, I and my friends arrived at the event around 6:00 pm when all the local DJs already finished their sets. I and my friends were just safe to arrive for DJ Callum David's set. When he played a mash up In My Mind of Ivan Gough and Million Voices of Otto Knows, the crowd went wild. That was only around 6:30pm-7:00pm then. From then on, the party never stopped. All the DJs played great music. My personal favorites were the sets of DJ Katsy Lee, Those Damn Nerds and Curse and Bless. The zombettes set was very naughty and it has also appeal to the audience. And of course, Jackbates and DJ Surf brought a Boracay vibe to Davao City when it was their time to make the ravers jump up and down.

When the rain began to pour, all the people present on that very moment never forgot to remember and sympathize to the victims of the recent super typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan. All were shouting "We'll be OKAY". Beneficiary of this event was the Habitat for Humanity Philippines who will also share the proceeds to the victims of the recent calamity.

Yes, there were some minor complaints from the party goers. I also noticed, correct me if I am wrong, nobody from the line up of the DJs played a track from Armin Van Buuren. Forgive me I am just a fan of him =). However, it didn't matter to me because I experienced what I want to get. And I was also with the right companion and crowd who know how to party.


It was epic, legend, surely left a mark and made history. And I'm looking forward to Carte Blanche 2014.

Kudos to you Kat Dalisay!

Below were the DJs and the line up.

3-5PM LOCAL DJ'S:
3-3:30PM DJ LEXI Alexandra Bautista
3:30-4:00PM DJ BIG Jommel Banez
4-4:30PM WACKY MASBAD & SONNY B Wacky Masbad Sonnyb1035
4:30-5PM DJ TORCH GACUMA DjTorch Gacuma

5PM-2AM MANILA AND BORACAY'S TOP DJ'S:
5-6:30PM DJ CALLUM DAVID Vinimal
6:30-8PM THE ZOMBETTES The Zombettes
8-9:30PM DJ KATSY LEE Katsy Lee
9:30-11PM DJ SURF & JACK BATES Surf Thetoplessdj Jack Bates
MAIN ACT --- 11PM-1AM THOSE DAMN NERDS IN 3D, DJ MIAOW & 
DJ AIS NICAUTION Mia Ayesa Mark Nicosia

1AM-2AM - SURPRISE EDM Philippines (DJs & Producers)





Feel free to leave a comment

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for partying with us last Saturday! :) I'm one of the local DJs that played last Saturday. Here's the set I did that afternoon at around 4:30pm.

    I hope you'll like it. Cheers!

    http://www.mixcloud.com/wackydmonster/carte-blanche-emc-2013-recorded-set/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wacky! I wasn't able to hear your set and I regreted it. Thanks for dropping a comment and sharing the link of your set last #carteblanche2013

      Delete