Thursday, December 19, 2013

Top 10 EDM Songs of 2013

This year my liking for Electronic Dance Music or EDM has proliferated multiple times. I have been a lover of music but  my interest for EDM was first captured when my eardrums enjoyed David Guetta’s When Love Takes Over. That song directed me to discover the world of EDM. Since then, I have been a listener and self-confessed fan. I came to know Tiesto, Martin Solveig, Laidback Luke and others. Each year, I continually search for great EDM tracks. I have my favorites which I call my EDM anthems. I like a song based on the overall impact that inflicts to me. This year, it is just right to share my top 10 EDM songs.

1. Clarity (Zedd feat. Foxes) - I have been singing and dancing this song since summer. Until now, I am still having a hang of it. What I like about this song is its melodramatic combination of all beats accompanied by straight to the heart lyrics. It is overplayed already but I am still enjoying every beat of it.


2. This Is What It Feels Like (Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie) - Hats off to the trance godfather. This is a song that no further justification or explanation needed because just by listening to it, instantly one would eventually get hooked to it. Also, the lyrics sends a very heartfelt message. As of the moment, I am loving trance music and this song is one of my favorites.


3. Dare You (Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma) - This song has been on my playlist recently and I am savoring it.  Right after I finish listening to this, I  always say that Hardwell is one great DJ.


4. Wake Me Up (Avicii feat. Aloe Black) - This is the first track of the Tomorrowland 2013 after movie. What I like about this song is how Avicii mashed up country music vibe and EDM.


5. Sweet Nothing (Calvin Harris feat Florence Welch) - This track is like a hang-over that I carried from 2012 to 2013. I appreciated this song very well this year. It is very contagious that you can't resist once it infects. Out from its lyrics you'd hear "But I am trying to hope with nothing to hold". The message of the song is very sad and I feel that it added to the whole effect of the song.

6. If I Lose Myself Tonight-Remix (Alesso vs OneRepublic) - The original track of OneRepublic is very good already but Alesso (younger brother of Sebastian Ingrosso) is very successful to make the song very EDM. If I'll be admitted because of LSS, this is one of the causes.

7.  I Could Be The One (Avicii vs Nicky Romero) - Though I don't like its official music video, I am captured by the track. It brings a nostalgia feeling while encouraging me to wear my dancing shoes right away.


8. Reload (Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash, John Martin) - I like how the way beat progresses of this song. When the beat drops, I can't resist to jump and let the music take over me.

9. Center of the Universe (Axwell) - This is my alarm clock tune set on my phone. Instead of getting pissed, I feel energized because it really sends me to the center of the universe. I just hope that someday I'll be able to dance this song with someone special (getting a little sentimental =D).

10. Years (Alesso feat. Matthew Koma) - This is one of the songs that I play whenever I'm so stressed. This is easy listening but still it sends a vibe to me that I should get a drink to the nearest party place.


Those are my top 10 favorites/EDM anthems of this year. All songs are created by Non-Filipino and I hope next year I'll enjoyably listen an EDM composed by a proud Filipino.

Feel free to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment